Thursday 19 November 2009

Monday 9th
à Friday 13th November

Had another half day host this week, we went to Toyama to some shops and then to an art museum, one that I have been to twice before, but it doesn't have an Permanente exhibitions, so it has been different art work there each time I have been. Only at the moment they are changing over the exibit in the main area, so there were only the 2 small galleries open, which was a little disappointing.

Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th November

Saturday was mostly study, but I did go for a walk down to aeon for some more knitting supplies and on my way down there I found another op-shop which at the time had an out for lunch sort of sign up, and they said they would be back at 3, so I thought ok, ill hang out down at aeon so im coming back past this then, which was a little longer than I really needed at the shops, but anyway I ended up running into a group of girls from school. So I ended up going back past the op-shop well after 3 and it still wasn't open, ive been driven past it on several occasions since, and am yet to see it open, mabey this is why I had never noticed it befor.

Sunday I went to Toyama to see Josh, he isn't putting up a very good argument to loosing the nickname of tinkerbell that my family gave him when they were over here, when I texted him half an hour after we were supposed to meet, and turns out that message woke him up, so after waiting at the staion an increadibly long time, and having gotten rid of the freaky drunk ( at 10:30 in the morning) Japanese guy that kept talking to me. Josh finaly showed up, and inbetween the rain we managed to walk around both the castle park and the other park, befor giving up on being outside and reiterated to the shops, I refused to catch the bus to the big shops, because its to expensive, 370, when it only costs me 320 to get to Toyama and aeon which is just as big as toyamas shops is walking distance from my house, this annoyed josh a bit, especially as I then bought 3 dvd's but hey they were 500yen each, (about $7) I misjudged how long it would take me to get home, and ended up getting home after dark, which didn't fuss my host parents, they just said as long as im home for dinner its all good, but I don't particulary like the path between here and the train station at night, as it goes past 2 pachinko palors ( it's a form of pinball, but its basically gambling, aka lots of drunk guys there) and um a karaoke bar, that is targeted at men.


 

No comments: