Friday 11 September 2009

Friday 21st –Monday 24th August ~ Disneyland trip to Tokyo
So on Friday I moved to my new hosts, and it was an interesting first night, after much sitting around (waiting for my host sister to get home from work) we got in the car and drove to Tokyo overnight, once in Tokyo we grabbed breakfast and headed to Disneyland, and our first lineup of the day waiting to get in…we were there before the park opened! After lining up for over half an hour to get our fastpass tickets for the new Monsters Inc ride (that enabled us to return and skip the line after 9pm) we went shopping, the thought process wasn’t really there I don’t think, everyone knows the sensible thing is to shop at the end of the day so you don’t have to carry it around allday! But anyway, I was bought a Marie lanyard to put my ticket and fastpasses in and a Chip and Dale mini towel. I found a nice pin for my blazer and then it was off to the rides. After a few rides and some very long lines, we had lunch and watched the cool the heat show which started with the phrase (in English) “ are you feeling hot? We have the soluition for you, lets dance around in the sun!) this did actually involve a lot of water being sprayed around the castle and all over the audience! I think it just made it all more humid rather than cooling but anyway. After that we moved to wait for the day time parade, and there ate yet another Icecream, these ones came in souviner cups. After that we watched the cool the heat show again. Got really wet this time as we were standing in a different place to watch it. Host parents then went to our hotel while my host sister Azusa and I stayed at Disneyland, went on a few more rides, met Mickey and then grabed a good spot for the night show, for which our parents returned to Disneyland for, after that we had dinner and went on the monsters inc ride before some more shopping and then finially heading to our hotel at 10pm (the parks close time!)
Sunday was another packed full day up early and off to Disney Sea, again we got there befor opening time, the lines here were not anywhere near as bad, so a lot more rides were ridden! And I believe that the rides at Disney sea are much better than any of the rides at Disneyland (with the exception of Space mountain…. Fave ride ever!) however I didn’t enjoy the DisneySea shows as much. The Littlemermaid area blew my mind, very much designed for little kids, but I think it was the most true to the movies and it captured what I originally expected the Disneyparks to be. Disney Sea has a lot wider range of souviners available but there is still a lot missing from the range, if it mickey or any of his companins you will easily find it, stich is another big one as is Pooh Marie is a big presence but really there isn’t much else.
Monday was mostly spent driving home, stopping every time we passed a rest stop place, so at least every half hour, so it took way to long!
Tuesday 25th à Friday 28th August
This week was spent doing random things, from bowling, Karaoke, shopping, badminton in the park and Nintendo games and just generally getting used to my new host family. I was watching TV one night, well every night actually the TV in out apartment is never off and my bed is right next to the TV so it’s hard to avoid, and really some of the TV shows amaze me. They really do, all the sterotypes of them are totally correct. I watched 2 movies this week, sister act and Always, actually I watched them both twice, once in English and once in Japanese. I was fine watching sister act in Japanese, Always was a bit more challenging due to the discourses present in it.
Saturday 29 August
I went to Toyama today and spent the day with Josh, we went to some big shopping center which I have forgotten the name of, not that It would mean much to you anyway. But it was very similar to Aeon (only more expensive to get to, I finially realize what everyone was saying about Aeon being very convienient, even though it is quiet a way from the from the station to walk and all the other good things are on the other side of the station. Anyway we went shopping, went back to toyama itself, had lunch, walked around a bit befor it was time for me to head home.
Sunday 30th August
Went up some mountain in Ishikawaken and then to and Aquarium which was actually kinda intresting, but I think my host mum was about 10X more excited than I was.
Monday 31st August
As it was a fairly raininy day today so Azusa and I spent most of the day playing on the nitendio, and then at dinner I was informed that I will be changing host families again tomorrow, and as I have school tomorrow I had to make sure I got everything packed tonight, thankfully, as I haven’t been here long, and its such a small place that I haven’t really had room to unpack there wasn’t really all that much to do.

No comments: