Friday 25 September 2009

Monday 14th à Friday 18th
Fairly average week at school, had a half day host, I'm kinda over these, in theory they are good but the problem is I have now been to all the things that there is time for between rotary finishing at almost 2 and the time I have to be home by at 8:30/9 like once you consider travel time then a decient amount of time there ect, so the are getting boring.
Saturday 19th
Tonight we went to another dance festival, this time in Johana it was very cool. And I got some very cool souvineres semi cheaply, and by that I mean they were still kinda expensive but a lot cheaper than I had previously seen similar things for.

Sunday 20th
Today we had haruchan’s sports day, she goes to kindy where they are between 2 and 5, so of course this was very very cute, and very typical japnaese, though then again it’s a kindy you wouldn’t want them doing all the actual competitions that we do in later years in Australia. It was all held inside a gym as well, not outside, which felt really weird for a sports day, though this time I hadn’t bothered to pack my hat, I did have my towel ready though.
Monday 21st
We went on a road trip, by we I mean, papa, mumma, my host uncle who is here for silver week, haruki, Yoshiki and I. we went down int Gifu prefecture first of all to a famous soba restaurant, and then on to the world heritage listed villiage of shirakawago which was really really pretty. But after the whole day walking round and probably not drinking quiet enough water, not to memtion that lunch was just soba, and a soysauce/ water soup as well as being cramped as one of 4 in the back seat with 2 screaming kids all the way home I felt like shit, and fell asleep as soon as we got home.
Tuesday 22nd
I felt a lot better this morning because as I expected my feeling like crap last night was due to a long day in a car with screaming kids on a lack of sleep, so my 13 hours sleep was a good enough cure. So after arguing with my hsot for a bit that I was fine and didn’t need to go to the doctor, okasan Yoshiki and I were off first of all to a friends house where we met up with several other friends, played musical seats with in cars for a bit until all the kids were sastified with who they were withand then we were off again, on a long drive to a place very close to the boarder of ishikawaken and what ever prefecture is the one south of that, nihon genki gekijyo which was kinda a theam park but not, I dunno cross a museum with a theme park and add a dash of Japanese strangeness to the mix and you have genki gekijyo, also it was Japanese themed so yeah,lots of ninja shows, old style Japanese drama, also leg baths in the hot springs, or in luke-warm water with fish that would come and suck at your legs…. Weirdest feeling ever! And highropes (with no helmets! I tell you work place health and safety would go insane over here) I spent most of the day mainly with Haru(ka) chyan (not my host sister haru(ki)chan) who is in yoshikis class and her little cousin rinchan 4. After all was said and done at genki gekijyuo… well actually when the park closed we didn’t quiet get everything done… we headed back to said friends house, and then out to dinner with haruchan and her family, her dad is the funniest guy, and livened up the drive to and from genkigekijyo as well as our dinner, we were literally eating between laughs and trying not to spit our food back up as we laughed.
Wednesday 23rd September
After several packed days I was very glad to have the day at home today, with the exception of a little shopping trip in which we brought a new game for Yoshiki, the game being ahh I've forgotten the name but its Japanese chess. Which for some reason I seem to comprehend more than regular chess though I think the rules are actually more complicated in Japanese chess, as you can re use the pieces you have captured, and when they get to the far side of the board they become more powerful.
Thursday 24th September
School today, but it was one of those weird days, where I didn’t really have lessons with my class, this was because we were on a Monday timetable today, but because it is really Thursday I had my Japanese lesson still and they had English and maths in that time and then the classes that I don’t do later in the day when I was actually free to be going to classes. But I did still have English writing and history. But I still don’t understand history, mabey if I could actually make myself pay attention for the whole lesson I would pick more up but instead I use history lessons to learn that weeks Japanese vocab.

No comments: