Monday 17 August 2009

Tuesday 11th August

So today I played the waiting game yet again, I must say communication here really fails. I changed host families today, and ahh waiting to change host families is one of the most nerve racking and annoying things. The only move I have felt entirely comfortable with was moving to the Mai family (Yoshi’s) mainly because I had actually met them before I moved and I knew a bit about the family. The only time I have actually previously known any details about the family I will be living with. So I moved at like 3. I had been told after lunch, and we ate lunch and then they were like soon, you move soon. So yeah 4 hours later, I moved to my next family, on the same road… technically, but about another 20 minutes drive away from the station and there are lots of bends and what not that it may as well not be. I have 2 older host sisters, an older host brother, mum, dad and grandma here. My bed is literally a mattress on the floor and I have no room to unpack my suitcase, not that I really want to, I am only here 10 days.

Wednesday 12th August

Didn’t get up to much today, had a lovely chat with some friends on Skype today.

Thursday 13th

So today we did the lets go to the supermarket and point at what you like game again. Have I mentioned how much I hate doing that?! And then after that Mari (host sister) and I went to the library and while she was doing her stuff I read one of the few English books they have called the castles of the samurai which wasn’t a bad book. A little dated but none the less I did learn some things from it.

Friday 14th

So this afternoon Mari and I headed over to a friend’s house for a bbq. There we had the normal yakiniku sort of food, and then somen and ramen (both types of noodles) in the waterstream running down bamboo cut in half, it’s hard to explain there will be photos soon. And then we did fireworks and just generally had a fun afternoon/evening.

Saturday 15th

Today, well today I'm confused, we drove to kawakawa… which is about an hour and a half drive away went to “hachiban ramen“ (it’s a chain of restaurants that’s in almost as many places as maccas) and then turned around and came home. I'm a little confused as to why.

Sunday 16th

After having a heap of other family members over for lunch Mari and I went out to a bbq at the beach with mostly the same people as Friday, I actually went for a swim and it felt great to swim again, even if it was very cold and the Japanese girls got really freaked out when I went in further than waist deep, apparently they fail to realize that Australians can swim!

No comments: